What is PHP
PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. It is one of the first developed server-side scripting languages to be embedded into an HTML source document rather than calling an external file to process data.PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, it is now said to stand for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
PHP was originally created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995.
Scope Of PHP
If your are planning to build your career in Web technology then PHP is the best programming scripting language to learn and is also a good career option. A person Can Work As a Web Developer. Scope in PHP really high as PHP is a language knows in the world of technology since many years. So it has gained the maximum popularity in this era.
Why Should Go For PHP
- Laungauge:- PHP is a laungauge(server side script laungauge).
- Easy:- php is easy and simple then that of .NET and Java.
- Market demand:- php have more demand then that of .NET/Java
- Website development:- PHP is good for Web development and html code can be embedded directly.
- Multiplatform support:-PHP runs on a variety of platforms and Web servers. PHP runs in most flavors of Unix and Windows as well as other OS such as Mac OS, OS X, or OS/2. PHP supports a wide variety of Web servers, ranging from the popular Apache, Microsoft IIS, and Netscape servers to less-known ones such as thttpd or AOLserver.
- Databases:PHP has a support for large number of database.(like mysql/oracle/sybase/access) Open Source:-Php is free And Open Source.